2004-09-23

funkymomma and my still empty crib

my second day of blogging...

I noticed the blogger news section on my dashboard, clicked on The United Federation of Bloggers (Part Two), and found a link to their chosen blogger from my homeland --Philippines. I'm not really sure if her name is girlie, all I know for now is her shiny blog's name is funkymomma. Quite good for a bloggin mom, in fact I just finished reading all her posts, and lots of pics too!

I've got nothin' much to do today, I know I know, it's been always like this lately. I guess I should start following my friends' advice, "don't finish the job so soon!". What shall I do? Erase all my codes after writing them? Rollback from my versioning software?"

Pretty excited, my girl Nel is finally arriving on the 26th. I moved into a new apartment and I need to buy every single piece of item for the place, well except the fridge and the range, which are already provided, and lucky me, they are brand new! My weekend was so busy I didn't even get a chance to relax, I had to make around 6 trips to different stores to buy things for the house. I moved here in Edmonton four months ago and I was just renting a room from a friend before, can't start buying stuff 'coz there's no place for them, now I'm free to do so.


I love my 27" Toshiba FST Flat Cinema Series, I know it's just 27" but that's all I could afford for now. Picture is so crisp there is no comparison with Sony Wega or Panasonic Tau, and boy, the sound is so nice I'm having a second thought if I'm buying a Home Theatre System anymore. Of course there's no way it can compete with a real system, but at least I could now defer buying one until I've recovered on my budget. My Samsung combo player is nice too, I compared almost all brand in the market, and not a single one is really standing out. Dolby Digital, DTS, progressive scanning, and component video output are the only things I really care about, and it has all of them, plus the small extras I'm discovering day by day.





I haven't taken advantage of my microwave's Inverter technology yet, but Panasonic bragged a lot about it. I could live without the other stuff, but not the fridge and micro. I don't know how to cook, save a couple of pasta recipe, and there's really no point of doing so while I'm still living alone in the house. It's cheaper to buy outside, I could stock my fridge with ready to eat full meals from Safeway or Save-On, and china town is just a couple of blocks away. I'm sure this will all change soon when Nel arrives, yeah, 'coz I would now have someone to eat with outside. *grin*


0 comments:

Post a Comment