2007-07-24

almost! almost!

Since my last post, I have run another 5K(33min) and 10K (69min), and another 5K this morning to which i almost broke thru a below 30 -- I clocked at 30 min 06 sec! I run the last 10min at 5:25 without break just to beat the time, but ended up 6 seconds over, huhu! Again, I know it's really nothing, but for me that's almost another milestone =) Well, I'll try again next time. I'll start slower, maybe pace at 6:00 for the first 2km, and then bump it up to 5:30 in the last 3K. I am not doing the math, but I think that will be enough. This is my once a week speed run, btw, and I only do this on my midweek run. I run long and slow on weekend, then I try to do two shorter runs on weekdays because of time restriction (read:work). I guess that's about it for my progress, if you could call it that, hehe! =)





On a more serious note, Ben finished the Milo Marathon at 4:35:25, while we are still waiting for Anton's next post to see how his run went. But no matter what, these guys run for a cause, and so I salute them! And I think these UP Mountaineers deserve more praise, as they finished a 100KM ultramarathon for a cause! Hats off to you guys!!

1 comments:

Blogger bEnMChAn said...

I say.... Good Training Ren! The next thing that you need to do now is to look for some local races near your place and Sign Up! :)

oh and remember that Rest Days are part of your training....

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment