2008-01-11

Parental Control - the one reason so far why I love Vista

I'm always a late adapter when it comes to Operating Systems (specifically Windows). To prove, I was still using Windows 2000 on my main machine until it broke down last November. So last Boxing day, I was forced to buy a new desktop -- and of course, all PC's now come with Vista installed. I bought a C2D 4400 w/ Vista Premium and to my surprise the set-up has been painless so far. And the Parental Control, which you won't miss during the initial OS configuration steps, has been a blessing! Before, there is no way for us to limit our two kids on using the computer and they fight over who should be using it (I know, this is more of a shortcoming on our end), but now they have their own sched and they get booted out automatically once their time is up. I was painful for them at the first few days but now they've gotten used to it. That alone is worth the bucks that I paid for the PC =) Now if only Microsoft would patch this feature soon so that I could schedule a different time for different days...

0 comments:

Post a Comment