2008-11-29

it's my birthday!

the original plan was to celebrate my birthday with my family in the evening, as I had to attend a full-day .Net codecamp at downtown. But Nel wasn't feeling very well so I opted to just stay home. We ordered some chinese food for lunch and decided that that's already the birthday meal. No, it's not because of the recession (or the impending, for those who still can't accept the fact), it's just that I don't feel like splurging today. I was kidding Nel that it's still better than my birthday at Winnipeg 5 years ago, 19 days after we arrived in Canada. I had to spend most of the day throwing tons of garbage at the back of the Vietnamese grocery store where I was working -- on a cold -20 winter night. And if I remember correctly, we celebrated my birthday over a $5 mcCain deep & delicious cake, and ice cream from 7-11.

it's just amazing how far God have brought us since then. the last five years was a blur, yet all the things that have happened are still so clear in my mind. all of them, i'm thankful for. less greetings over the phone, thru email and YM, yet I'm still happier as I got to spend the whole day with my dear family. Bill hugged me twice saying "thank you, Dad, for everything!". i think that's the second best words i've ever heard on my birthday, next to Nel's "I love you".

btw, we became citizen last Nov 25, so this is my first birthday as a Canadian, and my last. Yes, that is right, as I expect to be a Filipino-Canadian on my next birthday. We will apply for a dual citizenship as soon as we can. I`m not willing to give up my being Pinoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your
site, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your
broadcast offered bright clear concept

Also visit my webpage french love story

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment